AutoGuide Mobile Robots designs, manufactures and installs the most technically advanced mobile robots with one goal in mind: surpassing customers’ expectations. For more than two decades, AutoGuide has provided maximum value to businesses in manufacturing, warehousing and distribution operations across multiple industries. Working out of the AutoGuide Mobile Robots headquarters in Chelmsford MA, this position involves providing maximum value to businesses in manufacturing, warehousing and distribution operations across multiple industries.
The primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Mechanical concept, design, prototyping, release to production and manufacturing support on mobile robotics platforms.
- Perform and document mechanical analysis of your designs including defining static and dynamic loads, stresses and deflections, kinematics, and manufacturing tolerances.
- Evaluate and validate components from third parties including motors, bearings, hydraulics, sensors, etc.
- Generate documentation of product design and supporting documentation including 3D models, part and assembly drawings, operations and maintenance procedures, test reports, standards reviews, etc.
- Independently perform experiments, including development of test methods, measurement, and analysis.
- Troubleshoot issues, perform root cause analysis, design and implement corrective and preventative solutions.
- Assist in building program plans and schedules to achieve milestones.
- Communicate project status, lead design reviews, present to colleagues and leadership team
- Provide design guidance and feedback on colleagues work.
- Mentor junior engineering staff on team.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in United States.
In addition, to be a good fit for this opportunity you will have:
- BSME with 8+ years of work experience with demonstrated history of advancing designs from initial concept through production.
- Ability to overcome obstacles to get the job done. Can do attitude!
- Industrial/mobile robotics, automated material handling or vehicle design experience a plus.
- Experience in selecting motors, sensors, actuators, bearings, power transmission components and various materials.
- Experience in designing parts with a variety of manufacturing processes and materials including machinging, casting, sheet metal and plastics.
- Strong project management and leadership skills required. Able to lead multidisciplinary teams, create and assign tasks, supervise and mentor junior level engineers, plan and manage projects including tasks an budgets.
- Proficiency with 3D CAD, Solidworks preferred.
- Ability to travel to our Georgetown KY plant (~10%), and customer sites (~10%).
This position will include a competitive Salary and an excellent benefits package.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to send a copy of their resume and cover letter.
AutoGuide Mobile Robots thanks you for your interest in joining our team and the appreciates the efforts required to pursue this opportunity, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Submit Your Resume and Cover Letter