AutoGuide Mobile Robots (subsidiary of Heartland Automation Solutions) designs, manufactures and installs the most technically advanced mobile robots with one goal in mind: surpassing customers’ expectations. For more than two decades, AutoGuide has provided maximum value to businesses in manufacturing, warehousing and distribution operations across multiple industries. Working out of the AutoGuide Mobile Robots headquarters in Chelmsford MA, this position involves providing maximum value to businesses in manufacturing, warehousing and distribution operations across multiple industries.
Due to rapid growth we are looking for a proactive and motivated individual to be a Program Manager at AutoGuide Mobile Robots. With a new and expanding portfolio of mobile robots, this role is very tactical at this time to help launch our new platforms, but has tremendous career upside.
The primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop, design, and implement control strategies for mobile robots.
- Integration of motion hardware with existing firmware components.
- Support system testing of systems and subsystems.
- Provide technical support for manufacturing as needed.
- Troubleshoot system problems in production or design.
- Research outside sources, evaluate and validate electrical drives, motors, controllers, and sensors from outside suppliers; write technical specifications for components.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in United States.
In addition, to be a good fit for this opportunity you will have:
- Bachelors or Master’s of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Mechanical Engineering
- 0-3 years experience in either electronic product design or industrial robotics
- Ability to overcome obstacles to get the job done. Can do attitude!
- Expertise in classical and modern control theory
- Experience with hardware/software interfacing of motion control equipment including motors (servo, stepper, brushless DC), drive amplifiers, and positioning systems
- Experience with software implementation of one or more: motion control including open- and closed-loop feedback systems, motors and encoders, and servos
- Experience with perception algorithms and hardware (discrete sensors, lidar, cameras)
- Basic familiarity of threading, synchronization, shared resources, and programming for memory-constrained systems
- Ability to travel to our Georgetown KY plant (~10%), and customer sites (~10%).
This position will include a competitive Salary and an excellent benefits package.
Submit Your Resume and Cover Letter